Monday, December 21, 2015

2015... Like Any Other Year

As far as I can tell this year has been much like any other.  Some ups and some downs, but mostly just the same as before.  There is comfort in that, things being how they were, how I am used to them being.

I searched for world events or even local events that I thought stood out for this year.  Though I know there were probably many, none of them seem to touch me, so it was difficult to choose any.


  • The terrorist attacks in Paris.  My heart goes out to those who lost someone, there were so many.  I wish we could find a way to stop them.  
  • Liquid water on Mars.  Kind of interesting, but still not vital to my existence.  
  • Microsoft came out with Word 2010 which I actually kind of hate.  I was just getting used to the old one.  Why do they have to change it so often?
  • We reached the day that Marty McFly came to in the Back to the Future 2.  Kind of fun to see the few things they got right about the future.  They should have had everyone's eyes glued to their cell phones.  I guess no one could predict we would shut ourselves off from each other so completely.  
I asked my family what the highlight of their year was.  

  • Brian said going on a trip to Moab last month.  I have to agree it was a great trip.
  • Zach said the fall when all the cool new video games came out.  (Ugh)
  • Mason said when he did really well on a math test. (Yeah)
I would have to say the highlight of my year was when I started editing my book and realized it was kind of good.  I have learned so much over the last 8 years of writing, and it shows.  Maybe this is the one.  

I wonder, what was the highlight of your year?

1 comment:

  1. Mine would have to be when I had Rhenn. Oh so hard but so worth it!!

    ReplyDelete